The best way to stay up to date on current personal and ministry prayer requests is to sign up for our sporadic (at least quarterly) emailed newsletters. We always include things we are thankful for as well as areas where your prayers would be appreciated.
- Sign up for newsletter emailed sporadically (quarterly)
- Request a .PDF file newsletter (requires PDF reader like Adobe Reader).
Things you can always pray for include:
- Our own personal spiritual walks with the Lord. Pray that we will walk in the Spirit and run from the desires of the flesh. Pray that we will remain above reproach and model a faithful Christian testimony to those who are watching us.
- Pray for great wisdom in the myriad of decision that must be made regarding life and ministry.
- Pray for good relationships with nationals. Language (Swahili) and culture learning is a constant area of focus. Properly understanding locals and communicating spiritual truths appropriately is a constant challenge.
- Our children, Karis, Faith, & Makayla, are always in our thoughts and prayers. Pray that they will respond well to the challenge of being third-culture kids and grow in their spiritual and physical/mental development.
- Pray for our evangelistic, church planting/strengthening, and theological training ministries. We are frequently involved in ministry in local churches (preaching, teaching, music, etc.), and the theological training ministry (i.e. conferences, East Africa Baptist School of Theology) is a constant area of focus and prayer.
- Our team here in Kenya. We serve within a team of missionaries. Unfortunately, none of us has achieved sinless perfection yet. Pray we will stay focused on the Lord’s work and not allow the anything to distract us from what God has called us to do.
Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you, and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith. But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ. 2 Thessalonians 3:1-3, 5